Lead With Your Strengths
Achieve Greater Success by Leveraging Your Leadership Strengths
Drawing from my book, Presidential Leadership: Learning from United States Presidential Libraries & Museums, I emphasize the critical importance of identifying, improving, and leveraging your strengths in order to achieve greater success in leadership—and in all areas of your life. Using a selection of photos from my personal collection, I take participants on a virtual journey across America, visiting each of the fascinating storehouses of American history that preserve the presidential legacies. Along the way, I share stories and examples, focusing on carefully selected leadership strengths demonstrated by some of the most admired U.S. Presidents. Ending with a powerful call to action, I urge participants to carefully and purposefully identify and improve their own highest-impact leadership strengths as part of their continual pursuit of leadership excellence and greater success.
I begin by briefly explaining the history and significance of the United States Presidential Libraries and Museums and give my own personal account of visiting each one. I also establish the premise that regardless of your political leanings, great leadership principles can be learned from studying the members of the most exclusive leadership club in the world – the American presidency.
Using historical anecdotes and examples, I highlight important leadership strengths demonstrated by former U.S. Presidents whose legacies are preserved by the presidential libraries and museums.
I illustrate the entire presentation with photos I have personally taken at each library and museum, guiding participants on a brief virtual tour of these unique storehouses of American history.
I conclude by briefly reaffirming the powerful impact of each of the featured leadership strengths that are evident in the lives of some of our world’s greatest leaders. I provide actionable strategies and additional resources for developing and nurturing these proven strengths, and I end with an inspirational challenge to select one or two traits to focus on in your own life and leadership.
Individuals and organizations who are committed to continuous leadership development – no matter their title or role. They realize the critical importance of leadership excellence in all areas of life and across all levels, welcoming opportunities to learn from some of our nation’s most successful and respected leaders.
This presentation is ideal for any group or association who is looking to add a refreshing break from the ordinary to their meeting program. Completely nonpartisan, my unique Presidential Leadership presentation is interesting and relevant while also being entertaining, uplifting, and inspiring.
This presentation can be delivered as a keynote or a leadership workshop. Length can range from 45 minutes to 2 hours, completely customizable to your group’s needs. The ideal keynote length is 60-90 minutes.
- Participants will walk away with a new understanding and appreciation of what the United States Presidential Libraries & Museums are and what can be learned from them. Participants will also be inspired to visit one or more of these invaluable storehouses of American history for themselves.
- Participants will recognize the essential leadership principles that enabled these ordinary Americans to reach the extraordinary heights of attaining the presidency and leading the nation.
- Participants from all backgrounds and levels of leadership will be convinced that pursuing, developing and nurturing these leadership qualities in their own lives and organizations will reap huge rewards, and they will be challenged to do just that.
- Participants will be equipped with actionable strategies and additional resources to leverage in their personal and organizational leadership development.
- I am the author of the book Presidential Leadership: Learning from United States Presidential Libraries & Museums (October 2013).
- I have been developing my own leadership skills throughout my life, of which over forty years have been spent in major leadership roles, including thirty years as CEO or founder, leading my organizations from the ground up (to see my full bio, please click here).
- I have always been intrigued by American history and fervently believe in learning from those who’ve gone before. In my lifelong journey of learning, I’ve had the opportunity to travel extensively across the nation and to carefully study the lessons of history.
- I am one of very few people in the world who has had the privilege of visiting and extensively studying and photographing every United States Presidential Library and Museum in the nation.
- I firmly believe that everyone – no matter title or role – is a leader, and that intentional leadership development is an incredible strategy for success for every individual and organization. I know that priceless lessons can be learned from successful leaders if we simply take the time to study them, and then leverage and apply what we learn.